Google “homemade gifts for men” and you’ll probably find the same five results over… and over… and over again. Chances are, if you’ve done homemade gifts for your guys in the past you’ve surely barreled through the generic list of “no-sew fleece blankets, crochet scarf, BBQ meat rubs, keychains and mix-tape CDs”, and are now cruising the internet in search of some new ideas.
Search no more, here’s a roundup of some cool handmade dude-friendly gifts that the men in your life are sure to appreciate! Click on the titles or photos to see the tutorials.
1. DIY Monogram Mugs: Inspired by the popular Anthropologie mugs, the DIY version is cheaper and so easy to do. Take a trip to your local Goodwill and scoop up enough mugs to make a cool, personalized gift for each of the men in your life. Fill it with their favorite candy, package of ground coffee or hot cocoa mix.
2. Etch-a-Sketch iPad Cozy: If your guy is a kid at heart, he’s bound to love this cool iPad cover. It uses felt and requires basic sewing skills for this budget friendly and fun guy gift.
3. Suitcase Table: If you’re lucky enough to score a cool vintage suitcase and know a guy who likes to travel, check out this tutorial for a cool piece of man-furniture that is sure to impress.
4. Pegboard Tool Organizer: I have one of these in my kitchen (well, a ghetto-hacked version of this) holding my pots and pans, but I always think about how we’ll build one for my husband’s tools when we buy our first home. If you have a handyman in your life, he’ll totally appreciate this cool tool organizer.
5. Homemade Zen Garden: Gift a guy one of these to help him de-stress the zen way. This is super easy and a great gift for the office desk.
6. 8-Bit Mario Blanket: If you know how to crochet, dust off those needles and whip up this cool granny square blanket for your video game enthusiast. If you don’t crochet, I bet you could cut fleece or flannel squares and stitch them together in the same fashion to create this nerd-cool gift.
7. DIY Comic Book Coasters: Here’s another nerd-cool gift. Coasters get a fun makeover with comic book graphics and a little bit of mod podge.
8. Upcycled Golf Club Cozy: Perplexing fact #7,438, 902: guys love golf. I will never understand why, it’s so slooooooooow. And quiet. And sloooooooow. Indulge the man’s love for painfully slow sports this season with some golf club cozies made from recycled sweaters.
9. Etched Mustache Glasses: Men and mustaches go together like gin and tonic. If you know a guy who longs for a hip handlebar but is more eyelash than mustache, gift him these cool glasses and let him live vicariously through the vessel.
10. Vintage Book E-Reader Cover: For the resident bookworm, here’s a tutorial to marry old school and new school for the coolest read in town.
Stay tuned to this blog for upcoming DIY gift guides for kids, pets, edibles and more!
Will you be making the men in your life homemade gifts this year? Let us know in the comments section below!
Did you like this article? You can get all the latest posts at Gingerly Homemaking in your email inbox by clicking the link below and entering your email address. Your address will only be used for mailing you new posts via Feedburner, and each one will include a link so you can unsubscribe at any time. Subscribe to Ginger(ly) Homemaking by Email