Monday Menu Plan: 3/26-4/1

My son has been on a pizza kick lately. And by “lately”, I mean for the past year. I ask my kids what they’d like for dinner when I’m writing our menu plan for the week, and I can bet my bottom dollar that “pepperoni pizza” will be Christopher’s answer. Every. Single. Time. It doesn’t surprise me. He is, after all, a 5 year old with the palette of a goldfish (aka he forever prefers to subsist on just one thing: pizza).

I usually make our pizza at home to be frugal and save a few bucks, since I’d otherwise have to sell my second born child to support Christopher’s pizza habit.  For awhile I got sick of our homemade-on-a-cookie-sheet pie and tried to boycott pizza consumption altogether. In the meantime, my dad went out and picked me up a pizza stone, and now I’m back to embracing our weekly adventures in homemade pizza-making.

Let me just say, if you don’t own a pizza stone, go get one. Now. Last week alone, we made pizza TWICE for dinner. Yeah. It’s that good. You don’t even need a fancy schmancy one, ours was $12 (after 20% coupon discount) at Bed Bath and Beyond and it rocks our world. It also stores conveniently on the bottom shelf of our oven, so it doesn’t take up any precious cabinet space. Fo’ realsies, you have zero excuse.

Go out. Get one. Now. Thank me later.

When it comes to pizza, are you Team Homemade or Team Takeout? Let us know in the comments section below!

This pizza deserves love letters, it's so darn good.

Breakfasts: baked oatmeal, quick oats, eggs & toast, fresh fruit

Lunches: peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, pasta, leftovers, fresh fruit and veggies

Snacks: fresh fruit and veggies, popcorn, jello, veggie straws, goldfish crackers, spinach & fruit smoothies

Dinner:

Monday
Tuesday
Wednesday
  • roasted beets, quinoa and oranges over spinach
  • homemade dinner rolls
Thursday
Friday
Saturday
  • homemade pizza
  • salad
Sunday
  • baked black bean and sweet potato taquitos
  • guacamole
  • salad
What’s on your menu plan this week? Share in the comments section below! If you blog your own menu plan, leave a link so we can check it out. And if you want information on how to plan a weekly menu, click HERE.
Advertisements

9 responses to “Monday Menu Plan: 3/26-4/1

  1. Do you use a homemade dough for the pizza or a store bought bread? The picture looks delicious!

    • Thanks! It was redonkulously delicious.
      I make my own dough 97% of the time (the other 3% accounts for the fact that I’m incredibly forgetful about making dough ahead of time and end up running to the store at the last minute for the premade stuff!)

  2. I am team homemade for sure. And I have to have my pizza stone and a peel. When we moved they didn’t pack those items. Totally bummed— my stone was perfectly seasoned, almost black. Anyway, went and bought new, but still attached to the old ones.

  3. Pizza peel is a must. Team homemade! I think we got our at Target. $7. We do Dirty Santa with Chad’s family at Christmas, and I fought for the pizza stone I purchased like my life depended on it.

  4. That pizza looks incredible! So golden.

    -Taissa

  5. You’re motivating me to start a weekly menu plan!
    I’ve nominated your blog for an Liebster Blog Award – congrats! Check out my page for more details (http://pipersrun.com/2012/04/05/and-the-award-goes-to/)
    Cheers, Anna @ Piper’s Run

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s